Today we met with our Resource Family Consultant. (This is the case worker for our family, so to speak). We are now on the list in waiting for foster kids. We are so excited for this opportunity of helping children. I have it in my head already that I am going to love them dearly while they are mine, but keep in mind that most likely they will only be mine(ours) for a short while(under a year). I will still love them after they are gone as well. I am not expecting to be able to adopt the kids that come into our home, but if the opportunity is available I will jump on it.
This is such a double edged sword if you think about it. We want to help these kids, but in order for that to happen they have had to have something bad in their little lives. In the perfect world they wouldn't need our help, but since we don't live in that world I am very excited to be able to help!
I am so grateful for a husband that is so willing to open his heart and home to foster kids. What an inspiration he is to me. The kids are all starting to get excited as well. Marcus just knows we need more boys in the house, and Brooklyn would love a baby sister... ha ha ha! We truly are blessed with amazing children, and hope to be able to help a few more.
Car Shopping Fun
8 years ago


Yay! I'm way excited for you guy's!
ReplyDeleteIt takes an amazing family to bring in children who have multiple complicated issues in their little lives....it's so nice to know these kids will get a chance to be loved! Good luck...they will be some of the lucky ones!
ReplyDelete