Thursday, May 28, 2009

As the school year comes to an end.....

As the school year comes to an end it got me thinking and reflecting on this past year. This was a big year for me to handle, Anika started high school, 10th grade, Tamisha started junior high, 7th grade, Kyra was the queen of elementary, 6th grade, and Brooklyn and Marcus started 1st grade, so they were gone all day. Needless to say a few tears have been shed.

I am starting with Marcus and Brooklyn, they both have had an excellent year at school, being in first grade they have learned to read, and lucky for me spell. they both have excelled very well and i am very proud of them for there accomplishments. Along with school Brooklyn was in her second year of dance at Shellie's school of dance. She loves dancing and if i do say so myself, she is a very talented little dancer. Marcus is playing baseball, and absolutely loves being with the boys.

Kyra is such a sweet girl, she is the only one that is truly a mommy's girl. She is a very smart child, she was asked to help tutor at our after school reading program. She does really well in school and has lots of friends. I think she is excited for next year though, when she can be with Tamisha again.

Tamisha had a big year. She was on the school soccer team, she made National Junior Honor Society, and lucky for me is discovering boys!!! Tamisha has enjoyed just being involved at school. She to has many friends, and does really good in school.

Anika's first day of school was very hard for Bryon, he said "when I drove there I was going to park in student parking, it seems just like yesterday I was a student there." Since then it has been a pretty good year for her. She went to homecoming dance, and Sadie Hawkins. She turned sweet 16 in February and Bryon and I took her and 4 friends to Disneyland to celebrate.

I am so proud of all our children. Each one of them does exceptionally well in school. They all have pretty strong friend groups. I am just honored to be their mom, and be able to experience life with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment





Followers