Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Looking Back on 2012

It's a new year, a new outlook on life. So they say anyways.

I am glad to be rid of 2012, it was an emotional roller coaster for me.

Started off by sending Anika across country for basic training and not seeing her for 6 months. there were days i would just cry because I missed her being here, missed going to lunch with her, but most of all i hated not knowing if she was okay. It doesn't matter how old they get, I will always be their mom, and always worry about them, and love them!

Tamisha got her driver's license, Kyra started high school, the twins are now 10 (almost 11). I have a really hard time accepting that my kids are growing up, and I won't be able to have them under my wings forever.

Then September came and hit us with trauma beyond our imagination. Bryon lost his oldest brother and friend Greg, everyday is still hard to believe he is really gone. It's the crazy little things that make you think of him, and miss him.

2012 wasn't all bad though.

Bryon was offered a full-time Financial Analyst position with Pacificorp Energy. He is liking his job, and this opportunity made it possible for me to quit my job and stay home with the kids.

Braxtyn's adoption was finalized in March. He is the cutest little guy, brings so much happiness to our family.

This tough year has made us realize how precious our time is. How fast our kids grow up. I am striving to live in the moment, and appreciate all the little things that happen.Trying hard to tell me how much they mean to me, I am so grateful for all the family and friends that I have in my life.

Here is to 2013, may it rain sunshine on us this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment





Followers