I have put off writing this post, I think part of the reason is I just wanted it to be a bad dream. It has been one month since I had to call Bryon and tell him the horrible news that his brother had taken his own life. That is the type of phone call you never want to make. But this post isn't going to be about the sad events of that day, I would like to reflect on the good times we shared with our brother.
Greg was the oldest of Bryon's siblings, and therefore thought he always had to look after Bryon. He gave Bryon advice his whole life. From little things like needing more tattoos, to much bigger things like taking care of your family. Greg wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but i don't know anybody who is. Greg adored his little brother, always wanting to go on hikes, camping, or just hang out for the evening.
We were fortunate enough to go on a trip to Hawaii with Greg and his wife a couple years ago. It was such a relaxing trip and much needed time away from the kids. But more importantly it was time for brothers to just be boys and hang out and have a good time.
I personally would harass Greg (out of fun) about his children's birthdays. He had 10 kids, and seriously who could blurt out a birthday on the drop of a hat. Well I think I had got to him, because one of his tattoos he got was one with his kids birthdays on it.
He was a good dad to his kids, and a loving husband to his wife. Greg was one of the hardest working people I have ever met, always worked 2 jobs to support his family and so his wife could stay at home with the kids. He was an adventure seeker, always wanting to hike to the top of any mountain, he believes their is hidden treasure for us all to find, but most importantly he was a fun loving brother and uncle that we all truly miss deeply!
Life is to short to not make time to see people. Take time and live in the moment, for the moment. I have learned that a phone call can change your life forever! I am so grateful the Greg has been a part of my life for so long. He was a science teacher, father, husband, brother, son, uncle, but most of all he was a friend.
Rest in peace Greg. You will always live on with us, we were fortunate to know you, and love you! I hope you have found happiness!


No comments:
Post a Comment