Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy 12th Birthday!!!







We have a tradition at our house, on your 12th birthday you get a solo trip with mom and dad. What a great thing to have some one on one time with your child. This all came about when Anika turned 12 I was working for JetBlue airlines so we took advantage of the free flights and went to New York for the day.(literally just one day) So when Tamisha was approaching 12 she decided she wanted to go to Egypt. Well we had to convince her to go somewhere a little more local, and she chose Disneyland. Kyra just had her 12th birthday and she thought long and hard about where she wanted to go, then decided to go to the happiest place on earth. So we went Disneyland with her as well. It is so nice for Bryon and I to learn more about their personalities, likes, dislikes, and just more about them in general. I would highly recommend doing such a thing with your kids, it brings some amazing experiences for everyone involved. I am posting pictures from all 3 of our trips.



5 comments:

  1. I think that's a fabulous idea....and one my kids are still young enough for me to get on board with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's totally cool! I think we could afford to take our kids to the local corn field! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we might have to copy this tradition! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't believe how young Anika looks! It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that you took her to New York! I may have to figure out a way for us to do this, however Austin is 13 so I will have to pick a different age!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! What a great age to start it at too... where you can prove that Mom and Dad really are cool!

    ReplyDelete





Followers